Food Safety Rules & Tips.
Food Safety :
Food safety means assurance that food is acceptable for human consumption according to its intended use.
Food safety is a scientific method which describing handling, preparation of foods, & storage of food in way that prevents the food born diseases.
Four food safety rules :
- Wash hand around 20 seconds with soap & water before, during & after preparing food.
- Wash all the utensils & tools used during preparation of food.
- Wash all the raw materials ( fruit & vegetables ) under running water condition.
- Clean all the surfaces.
- Separation means preventing from contamination ( keep apart ).
- Keep all raw meat, poultry, seafood & eggs away from fresh foods.
- Use separate cutting boards & plates for raw & fresh produce.
- During grocery shopping & during fridge keep raw meat, poultry, seafood, eggs & their juices away from other foods.
- Cook food to proper temperature.
- Use a food thermometer to measure the core temperature of cooked foods.
- Make sure that meat, poultry, egg dishes & left over are cooked to the core temperature shown in our cooking chart.
- Beef, pork, lamb, veal145℉.
- Fish 145℉ (cook until flesh is opaque).
- Ground beef, pork, lamb 160℉.
- Turkey, chicken, duck 165℉.
- Ham 145℉.
- Leftover & casseroles 165℉.
5 Tips for more safer food.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before cooking.
- Shop for chilled food last.
- Defrost food in the fridge or microwave, not the bench.
- Cook chicken and minced meat to 75℃ .
- Store raw meats below cooked foods to avoid contamination from meat juices.