Flavor: Types of Flavors.
Flavor is a sensory impression of a food or substances, & determined by the chemical senses of taste and smell.
Flvorant is defined as a substance that gives another substance flavor, altering the characteristics of the solute, causing it to become sweet, sour, tangy etc.
Flavoranta are focus on altering the flavors or enhancing the flavors of natural foods products such as meats and vegetables, or creating flavor for food products that do not have the desired flavors, most of the flavorants are focused on scent and taste.
Flavorants also defined as a anything that contributes flavor to foods.
- Flavors helps to improve the flavor of food.
- Play an important role in customer satisfaction.
- Flavor influence the further consumption of food.
- Primary function of flavor is to add taste to foods.
- Flavor content no nutritional value.
- Most of the flavors are volatile in nature and chemically unstable in presence of air, light, moisture and high temperature.
- Flavors are used to conceal offensive odor and nauseous taste.
- Flavors are used in food products, cosmetics, personal care products etc.
- Stability of flavors is important factor because of its relationship with quality and acceptability of foods.